Scipts and links for upcoming auditions
Any full-time UCSB student is welcome and encouraged to audition. The audition sign-up list is posted inside the Production Office. Please sign up for a 3-minute audition slot and arrive ten minutes prior to your appointment to fill out audition forms. Please be prepared to stay longer than your allotted 3-minute slot if necessary.
Please have one, 1-minute contemporary monologue prepared for the audition.
Callback information and Cast Lists will be posted in the Production Office.
Sides for callbacks, if available, will be available in the Production Office by 10am the morning after general auditions.
The directors will schedule rehearsals after casting is complete. Rehearsals are typically held weekday evenings between the hours of 6 and 10pm. Some weekends may be required as well.
Scripts are available to view on GauchoSpace.
Lost in Thought
By Christopher Lockheardt
Directed by Katherine Arevalo
Man: Any Age
Woman: Similar Age
Tom: Male, Similar Age
Description: Set in the imagination of a man as he recalls a past relationship and his struggle to move on from it.
About the playwright: Christopher Lockheardt earned his MFA in screenwriting at NYU and teaches at UCLA. He has produced three features to date and is a member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences the Writers Guild and Producers Guild.
Playwriting 101: The Rooftop Lesson
By Richard Orloff
Directed by Corey Carpenter
Script Plot: An instructor lectures on the craft of playwriting, using two live examples: a would-be jumper on the edge of a ledge, and a would-be Good Samaritan trying to save him. But after being paused and replayed one too many times, these two characters rise up and revolt against both the instructor and the rules of playwriting itself....
About the playwright: He has taught playwriting at his alma mater Oberlin College, at Miami's City Theater, and for the Connecticut Young Playwrights program. He has also given lectures and workshops at Central Washington University, Western Michigan University and State Fair College in Missouri.
Additional information: All roles can be cast as either male or female! Actors must be able to move quickly and engage in some light stage combat.
Additional Information: This play includes sensitive material. TW: Rape, abuse, murder.
By Suzanne Bradbeer
Directed by Taylor Santos
Reserve rooms from anywhere you have an internet connection. Don't see the room you're looking for? Scroll to the right!
- Please only reserve one hour per day per project.
- If you no longer need a reservation, please delete it so it can be used by your colleagues.
- Leave your contact information in the event of an emergency.
Looking to book a room further out than a week or on a re-occuring basis? Email email@example.com.
Winter calendars are now available to view!
POSITIONS AVAILABLE (DEPENDS ON THE PRODUCTION)
- Light Board Operator
- Sound Board Operator
- Fly Crew
- Deck/Props Crew
- Followspot Operator
- Wardrobe/Makeup Crew
HOW TO APPLY FOR RUN OR WARDROBE CREW:
- Review the show calendars and course requirements to find a production that fits your schedule.
- Take the application quiz for that production (via Gauchospace).
- We will schedule an appointment via email to give you your add code.
- All crew positions are first-come, first-served. We will respond to applications in the order they are completed.
- All events listed on the calendars are required. It is not possible to partially participate in a production.
- There are no opportunities to make up for an unexcused absence or lateness.
Full Course Requirements (.pdf)
- Vickie Scott, Instructor on Record (THTR 29/49/149)
- Denise Umland, Costume Shop Manager (Wardrobe Crew)
- Paul Barnes, Technical Director (Run Crew)
Want to be more involved with the Department? Want to see shows for free? Volunteer to be an usher for one of our shows!
WHAT: As an usher for the department's productions, you will be asked to hand out programs before the show, direct audience members to facilities during intermission, and organize the venue after the performance.
WHEN: Ushers should arrive 45 minutes PRIOR to curtain at the VENUE of the performance and check in with the house manager for instructions and a brief training session.
WEAR: Please arrive dressed tastefully in ALL BLACK.
WHY: For ushering, students may see the performance at no charge. It is possible (though not likely) that ushers will be asked to attend another performance if seating is very limited.
HOW: Use the buttons below to to sign up! You will be asked to enter your email address so that we can send you a reminder. Be advised that sign ups are on a first come, first served basis.
SIGN - UPS
- A View from the Bridge (Nov 3 - 19)
- King Lear (Nov 4 - 19)
- Fall Dance Concert (Dec 7 - 9)
- SBDT (Jan 19 - 21)
- The World of Extreme Happiness (Feb 16 - 25)
- Staging the Daffy Dame (Mar 2 - 11)
- Spring Dance Concert (Apr 12 - 14)
- New Works Lab (May 10 - 20)
- Cabaret (May 25 - Jun 3)
Email Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org with your UMail address and the subject "Please add me to the Mailing List." The Mailing List will have the latest information regarding department events such as auditions, run/wardrobe crew, and special events.
Props and furniture are available for rental to the following:
- Students currently enrolled in a class within the department
- Recognized UCSB student organizations with a faculty advisor
- Declared Majors/Minors within the department
- Others as determined by the Technical Director
Rentals are available by appointment only. A $50 deposit check is required for all rentals.
Prop Shop Rental Hours:
- Tuesdays 10:00-11:30am
- Fridays 10:00-11:30am